TUTORIAL: Mixed Media Beeswax Tag
Here’s a quick and fun project for you.
I don’t know about you, but I love using jumbo sized tags as bookmarks. Don’t you? I put them in crafting books and fiction books that I read on the train.
Anyway, here’s what I made:
1. Cut out a 3″x6″ square, and snip off the two top edges, so that it looks like a tag.\
2. Glue some newspaper onto the paper so that it covers the paper.
3. Rub some Tim Holtz Distress Ink over it, and on the edges.
4. Cut out some vintage pictures (I got mine from Alpha Stamps).
5. Get out your Fantasy Fiber in “Cotton Cloud” and iron lightly, making a pretty fabric. Glue it over the newspaper paper.
6. Glue the pictures over the fantasy fiber.
7. Get some beeswax pellets, and melt them with your embossing gun.
8. While the beeswax is still wet, sprinkle on some glitter by Art Institute-I used the color “Confection” from their Dazzlers line.
9. Punch a hole on the top, and add a tassel. I used some pretty sparkley yarn by Lion Brand Yarn.
that’s it! Poke a